June 28, 2015

My mom has a blog called "My Everyday Life" where she just writes a few sentences a day about something that made her happy or what she did that day. Basically my mom's the coolest so I'm copying her idea. I am sitting here with Tanner taking a nap right next to me just thinking about how full of gratitude I've been lately for the blessings I've received- all in the form of amazing people in my life.

Today was just one of those days when Tanner was being extra funny and extra charming and just talking to him made me think "I'm sure glad that I get to enjoy life with you." I love hearing all his ideas about how people should never stress and it is possible to multitask and hearing him after Sunday school be like "Did you know this about Jesus's dad Joseph?" He's so curious and intelligent and fun and today he said "I need to focus more on what matters most." I said what matters most? "The gospel and you." I love you, Tanner. I'm so happy you're mine. Your smile and your love of life and of adventure and of people. I want to be like you when I grow up.

On Friday my family came up and visited me in Logan and it was such a good day. They saw my new apartment and we ate lunch at Tanner's food truck Granny's Gourmet Grilled Cheese. (He's worked so hard on starting that business and although sometimes I get frustrated with how obsessed he is with it and how much time he spends on it, I'm sure proud of him.) Then we went shopping and drove through Chugz because I had to show them where I spend lots of my time making drinks. We then went to the movie Inside Out and I had already seen it once before but this time I bawled like a baby. It's so cute and creative and I love the idea of making the most of all of your opportunities so all of your memories will be happy ones. Then I went to the temple with Ry and Mase and I had a really proud big sister moment thinking of all of the great things these two are going to do. I sometimes wonder how I got to be the oldest because my siblings are so much better examples than me at so many things. Then when we got back to my apartment Mom and Ry and Sade weren't there yet so we sat on the couch and played 1010 on our phones and I sang Miley Cyrus and we said "That's totes mcgoats inappropes" and Mason said "I sure love our conversations" and that made my day. I feel like we're getting closer together and that's really all I want, I love him so much. Then we went to Morty's for dinner and walked around campus and every single day I realize even more how much I love my family. My little sisters really are some of my best friends. They make me laugh so hard all the time. Camrie is hilarious and spunky and I adore her. Rylie is so smart and witty and has such a good heart. Sade is so innocent and fun and her freckles are to die for. My mom means more to me each and every day. When something happens she's the first one I want to talk to about it. My dad is the best example of a father I could ask for. He works so hard and he's so funny and all I ever want to do is make him proud of me. I'm so thankful for my family. They're all just growing up too fast and I wish I could make it slow down but I'm just happy I have them forever.




On Thursday Katy and Chloe and I went to Bear Lake with some paddleboards Kat rented from a girl at her work. It was such a good day. We sang our hearts out the whole way there (country and Jason Derulo of course) and just played in the water and got completely fried. We kept trying to stand up on the paddleboards and jump off but then we ended up just falling off and for some reason that was the funniest thing ever. We also found it quite hilarious to pee int the lake. Cuz you know, we're 12 year old boys. Then we got raspberry milkshakes (I finished mine in like 2 minutes and Chloe took like 10 hours). And we talked about iPhones and cameras and work and life. I sure love those best friends of mine. I feel so safe with them because I know that no matter what happens in life they'll have my back.

(We let Katy blow them up. She's the strongest)


(Lol at us)


A few days ago was fathers day and Tan came home with me and met the whole fam at Gma D's for dinner. It was fun seeing him interact with my family and I loved seeing my dad excited about the pork rinds and the #1 dad shirt I got him. Also for Tanner's birthday (the big 2-5. Holy cow he's a grandpa) I got him a volleyball and a shirt and I've never seen someone so excited for something that cost like $10. Also we went to park city and went on the Alpine Slide and walked down Main Street and went to the Outlets and it was just an overall good day.




I wish I was better at expressing my feelings without sounding ridiculously cheesy but that's ok. 
A few other random things that have made me smile lately:
-Ry and Cam make these super awesome videos on their iPods and they're probably going to be famous someday cuz they're so funny.
-Working with Tom and Ellie and Taylor and Wyatt is the best. Especially talking to each other through the headset. "Excuse me, we don't serve your kind here."
-Reading a book at the park in the shade with Kat. I've finished 4 books this summer, my favorite so far was Fangirl by Eleanor and Park.
-When Tanner asked me to get a book for him at the library. (So proud.)
-Kat and Chloe and I's group message. The other day katy said "Shut your mouth" except it autocorrected to something that isn't shut and it was so funny. And then she tried to write SHUT in all caps to fix it but it just said the wrong word again. Chloe- "Profanity!"
-Jackie was in town the other day with her mom and me and Tan went to dinner with them and walked around at Summerfest. I sure do like that Jackie girl. And Jack's huckleberry chicken pizza was incredible. 
-Went on a double date to the Bees game and there was even fireworks afterward. "I'm going to make bottled water out of baby whale tears. So fresh." -Tanner
-Went to Arizona to meet all of Tan's family and friends. It's really hot there. His friends are so cool. His family is weird and very healthy but also so nice. It was such a fun trip. And Top Golf is the bomb.

That's all I've got for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?