An AZ Moab Christmas

After the hardest/worst/most stressful/I went a little crazy semester ever I was definitely excited for Christmas break. There's nothing I love more than no school, no work, and unlimited Tanner and family time. We headed off to Arizona Sunday night and after 11 hours finally made it. In AZ we went to the Mesa temple lights (totally cool! And you don't even have to hurry inside the visitors center cuz you aren't freezing your butt off!), played a lot of croquet and cornhole (I may have gotten a little upset when Thomas killed me in croquet. Come on, he's 7.), had some of Tanner's high school friends and neighbors come over for some hot chocolate, went to In n Out with Shaheed (tried and failed to get him to move to Utah. Typical), watched some Parks and Rec, visited Tanner's grandma (seriously so funny), went bowling with the whole family (the best was seeing Thomas and Muff get strikes. "My Christmas wish came true!"), and opened sibling presents. And we only ate rabbit for one meal so I'd say it was a success ;) Honestly, it's kind of hard for me to adjust to the whole in law thing. I don't quite feel like I fit in and I am a little selfish when it comes to family time. My family is the best so why would we not want to spend every second we have with them, come on Tanner. ;) And it's just hard when I'm sleeping at a strangers house and trying to be on my best behavior and eating weird foods and it just really stresses me out. But I'm going to try to be more open minded and be myself more around them. I really love Tanner's family they're just different than mine and someday I'll fit in, it will just take time. Good thing they're kind of forced to love me. Or at least like me ;)




Wednesday night we headed back to Utah. We actually stayed the night and Grandma and Grandpa Draper's trailer in Beaver Dam. It was so nice. Tanner could have slept in that bed forever haha the sheets were so soft. And it was awesome staying up talking to Grandma O. That lady is a champ! She was telling us about when she was little and all of the grades were in one school and she rode her horse there every day. She's so sharp and witty and I love her! The next day we stopped by St. George to see Tanner's cousin Ashlee and her brand new baby! Then we finally made it to Lehi and I was so excited! AHHH I love my family so much. And Grandma and Grandpa C were there and I haven't seen them since my wedding. It was a great day. We went to Chili's and the new Star Wars. Star Wars was ok, Rey is pretty cool I guess. :) Then we went to bed and the next day was CHRISTMAS. 

I was so excited for Christmas. Like more than normal. I was proud of myself for the gifts I thought of for people this year, ok! And my first Christmas with Tanner. So cute. I got my mom a coloring book and journal and I made her a photo book from pictures over the year. I got my dad a tie, a map, and a pic of us from my wedding. I got Tanner a photo book I made with clever captions, a shirt, a church  book I hope he likes, and these lenses to put on your phone camera. But turns out that was a lame gift because Santa got us an AWESOME CAMERA. I was way excited. And cutie Rylie got me these Elf cups cuz she knows I love Elf. And Tanner got us a Wii and got me the movie Fever Pitch cuz I lost my copy and that's my favorite movie and also a coloring book (my mom got me one too, they know me so well). So basically what I'm saying is Tanner wins this year so good thing we have many years to come. Also my mom and dad got me the cutest blue coat and a hat and new socks. After opening presents we just hung out all day and the boys played the new Xbox and I colored and we went to Grandma and Grandpa Drapers and played games and you know, the usual. 



The next day was also awesome. Went snowshoeing with Mom and Dad and Tanner. The wind was freezing ("I can't feel my face when I'm with you") but it was way fun and snowshoeing is one of the only things I like about snow and winter so it was good. 


Courtesy of new camera.


My mom's the cutest person on the planet. 
My mom and dad are the best. I love how they adventure with each other and just are so happy. I am lucky to have their genes ;) 


Later that day we also played racquetball. It was 14-16 both games we played. One time Tanner and I won and one time Mom and Dad won. I think we've found our match. Later that night Derek Wilcox had a little cross country get together thing. Tanner is a trooper and came along with me because I really wanted to go. Derek, Tyson, Ty, Davis, Braden, Brad, Kjeisten, Gibs, Beans, Jackie, Emily- ahhh my team. I've missed them so much. It felt just like old times (we even played Catch Phrase as always) and it was great to catch up with everyone. 

Monday we drove to MOAB and it was awesome. Yes, it was freezing. But also awesome. Over the 4 days we were there we saw some awesome arches and snow, watched Ant Man, Despicable Me, and Get Smart, played Apples to Apples, ate pizza, ate at the Moab Diner, and just hung out. It was everything I wanted and needed. I love my family so much sometimes it feels like my heart is going to explode. Tanner's patience and kindness and adventurous spirit. My mom's positivity, her love of the outdoors, and the way she loves all of us so much. My dad's sense of humor, his love for my mom, and his intelligence and work ethic. Mason's good heart and his deep down sensitivity. (Someday he'll love me and show it ;) Rylie has just grown up so much. She's so kind and genuine and I want to be more like her. Camrie is the funniest person I know. She's so spunky and energetic and fun and thoughtful. Sadie is becoming such a smarty pants and she's just so cute and I love her creativity. My girls are just growing into the best little people ever and I'm thankful they're my best friends. I have the best family in the world. I wish I could think of more words to describe how awesome they each are and how much they mean to me. It's getting harder and harder to be away from them all the time. I just miss them so much and I worry about them and they're just growing up and I feel like I'm missing it and that's the worst. I hope it will get easier over time but I'm not sure if it will because I just love them more every time I'm with them. Ah. They're the best blessing I've ever gotten. Heavenly Father loves me so much because He gave me them. Anyway. Pictures:

Park Avenue in Moab.

My favorite line of the trip was when we were driving and my mom and dad were complimenting Tanner on his patience and Cam goes "And he's got the looks." While pointing finger guns and raising her eyebrows. It was one of the funniest moments of my life. I love her hahaha

Little bluey looking fine. 


Tan is quite the photographer. He's going to go far, I'm sure of it. 


Look at this cutie. 


Karate kid.





Paparazzi shots using the zoom on our camera hahaha Tanner you're so funny.

Look at this picture of a rabbit. National Geographic worthy.

On top of whale rock!

Look at ghost Kenzie hahaha

Mesa Arch! 

Then Thursday we headed back to Lehi and just hung out the rest of the night. Went to Zupas and Panda Express (I chose Zupas, obviously). We played Rayman (always a good time) and watched Ice Age and we barely made it to 12:00 haha. What a fantastic break. Don't make me go to work tomorrow. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?