Thoughts For Your Thoughts


This past week was our first full week with allllll the kids at Boys and Girls Club. It was hard. The first few days I wondered why the parents would want to leave their kids for 12 hours but now I totally get it hahaha. A lot of things went well, but it's just exhausting when you're putting so much effort into a job and the kids just don't want to participate and don't care. And there's seriously nothing I can do to make them want to be there. Like if i say "Please listen or you can't go to the movie on Thursday" they're like "Yay, I hate that movie!" Ugh. Also, why are Pokemon still cool? Seriously, put those dang cards away! I think the best part of the week was our field trip to the dollar theater. We watched Shaun the Sheep and I took a nice nap.  It was like a solid hour and a half without kids talking! Woohoo! Also it's crazy how much of a difference one kid can make- either for good or for bad. When the good kids (aka my favorites which I probably shouldn't have but whatever) are gone the day just seems a lot harder. And when just one kid is messing around and being loud, they influence everyone else and the day is a thousand times harder. So a huge thanks to the parents that taught their children how to listen and sit still and participate in activities. Also, here's to hoping I can make millions of dollars off of this abstract art we made. 

(This is me trying to regain my sanity in the 2 minute bathroom break I had. And I feel like a total camp counselor/ten year old with my braids. It's awesome.) 

Tanner trying to model on a nightly walk. SUMMER NIGHTS ARE THE BEST!!!!!! And look at those picture perfect trees.

This was Snapchatted at dinner on Thursday (at Morty's, as always. We aren't going this week though, don't worry. We're finally getting a little sick of it.) But anyway how gross is this face swap. 


Post corn hole and mini golf. 



This weekend was so fun. We drove down to Lehi on Saturday morning and headed up AF Canyon for a hike. I love Logan but you really can't beat those Utah County mountains. We hiked up Pine Hollow and got poured on and tried not to slide down the entire mountain in the mud. We saw three huge hawks and heard them squawk, saw a few giant worms, saw a tree fall down right in front of us!!!, learned some life lessons from dad (Make sure your roots are deep haha), and decided our new favorite color is nature green.

I'm so lucky to have parents that are so fun. Their marriage is the best. 





This is one of my favorite pictures of us.

What's better than a green meadow? A jumping picture in a green meadow. 
We ended the night with Chubby's, Zootopia, and Rolo Ice cream.

Sunday consisted of church, Snapchat, Telestrations, crafts, a walk, spaghetti, visiting Tanner's mom in her new apartment, and watching a sunset thunderstorm on the way home. I love my family so much. And I love that Tanner loves them too. Oh, and my parents got us tickets to Tim McGraw at Stadium of Fire for Tanner's birthday!!!! TIMMMM! Happy birthday to me!! I mean... Tanner...  


"I shall call you Squishy and you shall be mine." 



 A few more things from this week:
-Tanner and I went to the movies on Tuesday.... to two separate movies. (Marriage at its finest.) I saw Me Before You.. HOLY COW. I don't think there was a single person in the theater that didn't cry. After the movie the guy behind me turned to his girlfriend and was like "What the heck! That was like an hour and a half of emotional torture!" hahahahaha. It was a really really good really really sad movie. Also, Louisa is so adorable. And where did she get all those cute shoes? If you see it you'll have to let me know how you feel about the ending.
-On a more serious note, the world is so sad sometimes. Hearing about the shooting in Orlando breaks my heart. I can't wait for the day when I can wake up every morning and not worry about if something tragic happened somewhere in the world. And I was just thinking that when all of the victims died, I can't picture for one second that God was mad at them or shunned them for being gay. All I can picture is Him giving each one of them the biggest, best hug- the kind of hug that can only be given by a loving parent that loves their child more than anything. I am definitely far from perfect, but I'm so glad that we all have chance every day to be a little more kind and a little more understanding. Because no matter what we believe, we are all people, and we all need to try to make the world a better place to live in.




And you guys! Tanner turns TWENTY SIX this weekend. He's such an old man! And I can't believe that June is already halfway over. But yay that we're going to Arizona and Mexico in a few weeks. I can't wait to spend multiple hours in a row with my BFF Tanner (and Shaheed of course.)

Happy Monday!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?