Tanner + Kenzie- A Timeline

I had a bit of a freak-out moment the other day because I realized my journal entries during the time Tanner and I were dating/engaged were very sparse. I'd like to think it's just because I was living in the moment so much but also I just suck at journaling. But I want to remember our dating days so it's better late than never.

Here is a timeline of Kenzie + Tanner.

(Just dating time, though. We had met back in February and hung out quite a bit.)

1. April 10- According to Tanner I "begged Mitch" to get him to ask me out. And ask me out he did. Via text. But it's fine because we went up the canyon and had soup by the fire and froze our butts off in the back of Blake's truck.

2. April 12- At "The Brick House" (Tanner's old apartment) pancake party, we played Wii bowling and Face Swapped. Our future kids will look so good.

3. April 13- We had a nerf gun war at Adams park. Both miraculously survived ;) 

4. April 14- Walked home from playing racquetball in the snow... In April. Also made some quality videos but I can't figure out how to upload those in blogger. 


5. April 15- After winning our intramural soccer game (go Tigger Taggers!) we went and got shakes at Charlie's. We then tried to make a snowman, but it ended up just being a "snow butt" because it was way too heavy and we didn't have gloves so our hands were frozen haha. Then, we drove up the canyon for a bit, watched the Office (great traditions begin early), and Tanner drove me home. When we got to my parking lot he was like "So are we going to DTR? The more I spend time with you the more fun I have" or something like that. And I was like "If you're asking if I want to date you, the answer is yes" hahahaha. So smooth. And then he was like "It's been hard to not kiss you" and I'm like "Well go ahead" and then we kissed. And I ran inside to tell Chloe hahaha. 




5. April 17- Tanner was flying to Oregon to pick up a food truck and so I drove him to the airport. When we were in Salt Lake we toured the conference center and hiked Ensign Peak. Quote from Tanner: "If the air was water, we'd have to swim all the time." What a genius. 



6. April 21- My birthday! This is still one of my favorite days ever. We hiked Crimson Trail after school, went to Texas Roadhouse, watched Fever Pitch, and stayed up talking for hours. It was so fun. I just remember loving that Tanner was so funny and so easy to talk to. 



7. April 22- Painted portraits of the each other. I don't know why we aren't professional artists. Also made Helium Booth videos. "The first rule of being a robot... is that there are no rules".

Also somewhere around here Tanner was like "I think I love you" and I was so freaked out hahaha but it ended up alright ;) 


8. April 24- Got in a massive mud fight, the police came hahaha (apparently the park was closed?). It was awesome.

9. April 28- Read children's books in the library and made up our own Disney stories.


10. May 2- Road trip to Fossil Butt. We wanted to go somewhere but didn't have time or money, so we just drove! We ate lunch in Paris, Idaho, and ended up at Fossil Butt Wyoming. On this trip, all boundaries were broken because I was having massive cramps and Tanner had to drive way out of the way to a gas station to get me ibuprofen hahaha. 


11. May 5- Snuck into the HPER Building. I don't know how it was open but like no one else was there and we just explored and ran around the building and freaked out when we saw a janitor. It was so random and so fun. 


12. May 8- Racquetball. We'd played racquetball a lot before this (especially before we were dating) but it's important because Tanner still liked me even after he realized that I am super competitive and really hate losing. Like really hate it. 


13. May 11- Went to Tony's Grove and Tanner threw a rock to try to break it and it flew and hit my leg and I was bleeding everywhere haha. Also hiked Spring Hollow. This is one of my favorite trails and also we discovered the magical river that just randomly appears out of the ground! And I became gangster. 




14. May 14- Met the family. JCWs with the parents and a museum with the siblings. He passed. 


15. May 18- Rented bikes and got stuck in the rain. Found out Tanner has mad wheelie skills. 



16. May 25- Picnic! 




17. May 29- This is probably the worst picture of me ever. But we went to Chloe's property in Idaho and camped. Thanks to Tanner for starting the fire. 


18. May 30- Hiked the wind caves! 



19. June 3- I taught Tanner how to read. Just kidding haha but he did read an entire book! I'm so proud. And it was hot in that food truck. 


20. June 5- Went to AZ. Kinda freaked out that I was meeting his family. We also went to Top Golf and I met his best friend Shaheed (awwe). 




21. June 13- Bees Game!


22. June 19- Tanner's birthday! We went to Park City and rode the Alpine Slide. Tanner also let me choose where to go to lunch cuz he's the nicest person int he world. 


23. July 5- Took Tanner to visit my grandparents in Richfield. We rode four wheelers, got hailed on, and watched fireworks. 



24. July 8- Attempted to make a homemade piñata. 


25. July 9- Hiked Naomi's peak. We also had no cash so the people next to us in the parking lot had to pay for us to be able to hike. Shoutout to them for saving our day. 



26. July 13- Bought a selfie stick!




27. July 15- Played Bocce ball!


28. July 21- Went to my first rodeo! Also saw a one armed bandit haha and danced to some live country music. Good times. 


29. July 22- GOT ENGAGED. I wish I had taken pictures of all of the clues Tanner used in his scavenger hunt but I was so nervous I was just trying to hurry and finish it hahaha. But I actually walked in on Tanner prepping this so I kind of ruined the surprise but it's fine. He texted me and said, "Hey you can come over now!" And I found a clue that said, "I know you love adventures, I hope you like this one. Go find Mitch for the next clue." So I found Mitch and he was acting like he had no idea what I was talking about hahaha. I was so confused. But he finally gave me the next clue. All the clues were places that we had previously done things at: The place we made the snow butt, the place we first kissed, the exact place we met, and finally... the campsite up the canyon that we always went to to stargaze and roast marshmallows. When I got to the campsite, I couldn't see anyone and there was someone else's stuff in my spot so I was scared it was the wrong place hahaha but I turned around and saw Tanner, looking so cute with flowers, and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I can't even remember everything he said, but I was so excited. And I was so happy to finally see the ring I had picked out! I'm sad that the video Mitch got is kind of terrible and you can't hear anything, and we look kinda awkward in all the pics (Basically, we failed at documenting this day. But that's typical Kenzie Tanner fashion.) Afterward, we got hamburgers. Obviously. 






30. July 23- We drove to Oregon to visit Tanner's mom. It was an awesome trip filled with the beach, lighthouses, and gross hipster ice cream. 


31. August 10- I know you're not supposed to take your fiance wedding dress shopping but I really wanted his opinion so I let him come anyway ;) 


32. August 11- Went to Yosemite with my family and hiked Half Dome. And survived (barely) to tell the tale. 



33. August 18- Yellowstone camping road trip with Tanner's friends. We saw a lot of bison. And also realized Old Faithful isn't that cool. 



34. September 3- Went to one of many football games. 


35. September 7- Family trip to Bear Lake complete with bocce ball and raspberry shakes and freezing bodies. 


36. September 12- Saw Tim McGraw in concert. Tanner could probably hear my singing a lot better than he could hear Tim's. 


37. September 18- Sold the food truck. What a sad, and also relieving, day. 


38. September 24- Got some mini golf lessons from a pro. 



39. September 26- Carved a pumpkin.


40. October 2- Tanner got to take me through the temple for the first time. And later that night we became True Aggies.  



41. October 9- GOT MARRIED!














Hopefully my future self will thank me for writing all of this down.
Tanner is the best!!! I'm so glad we get to date forever. 






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?