What the Gospel Means to Me

"There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate." Dieter F. Uchtdorf



It seems that the older I get, the simpler my testimony becomes. The basics of this gospel are beautiful and powerful and whenever hard times come, I'm reminded of that.

The gospel to me is...

Heavenly Father.

He loves me so much.

He knows the right people you'll need at the right time.

He understands you perfectly.

He made such a beautiful place for us to live and enjoy.

Jesus Christ.

An Atonement that makes everything ok, every single time.

Mistakes that no longer exist because He's forgotten all of them.

An example and a leader to follow.

Family.

A marriage that is unshakeable and forever.

A best friend to have by my side through everything.

Parents that love each other and that love me.

A support system and of course, people to laugh with.


The gospel is...

Loving everyone, no matter what.

Helping each other out and building each other up.

A prophet to help guide us on the right path.

The Spirit to comfort and instruct us.

Always having help to know what to do or where to go.

Infinite second chances.

Structure and purpose.

REAL HAPPINESS. Every day.


And for all of that, I am eternally grateful.




Comments

  1. Awesome post and blog! I've seen in my life that writing can help to organize thought and really learn, for yourself, about what you actually think and know. In other words, writing helps to solidify thought.

    On a related topic, is there any way I can subscribe to your blog through email? #oldskool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?