Favorite Fives

Songs to Listen to While Doing the Dishes:
1. Drops of Jupiter, Train
2. Wildfire, John Mayer
3. Shape of You, Ed Sheeran
4. Downtown, Macklemore
5. Crazy, Ben Rector


Lines of Literature Read This Semester:
1. "Sometimes you have to make yourself a stranger to your own life in order to recognize the things you take for granted. Like sunsets, or hot showers, or alphabet. My health, my family, the streams of photons sent from our star- how had I stopped actually seeing these things?" -Anthony Doerr, The Big Chill
2. “What I teach and how I teach is an extension of my belief about the capacity of humans to grow and change, my understanding that while students might enter my classroom without skills, they don’t enter my classroom without knowledge or talent or potential” -Linda Christensen, Teaching for Joy and Justice
3. "Pain and suffering, they are a secret. Kindness and love, they are a secret But I have learned that kindness and love can pay for pain and suffering. For our Lord suffered. And I come to believe that he suffered, not to save us from suffering, but to teach us how to bear suffering." -Alan Paton, Cry, The Beloved Country
4. "The mind craves ease; it encourages the senses to recognize symbols, to gloss. It makes maps of our kitchen drawers and neighborhood streets; it fashions a sort of algebra out of life. And this is useful, even essential- X is the route to work, Y is the heft and feel or a nickel between your fingers. Without habit, the beauty of the world would overwhelm us. We'd pass out every time we saw- actually SAW- a flower." -Anthony Doerr, Four Seasons in Rome
5. "We are the ones who get to explore life with our students. We are in the position to help them discover how they think and what they feel. We can watch them explore the gold mine of their own ideas and experience the beauty of ideas around them. We get to demonstrate the power of words and, by learning to experiment with words, the power that they themselves possess. We can help them discover flight." -Cynthia Urbanski, Using the Workshop Approach in the High School English Classroom


TV Shows to Binge:
1. This Is Us (Cue all the tears.)
2. The Mindy Project
3. Superstore
4. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (It's finally back on! Whoot whoot!)
5. The Office (Duh.)
(We watch a lot of TV. It's fine.)


Things I've Eaten:
1. Whipped cream straight from the bottle
2. Dove Chocolate
3. The Southwesterner burger at Center Street Grille
4. Costa Vida Pork Salad (It never fails)
5. Cranberry Turkey Wrap at Luke's Cafe on campus


Things I've Accomplished:
1. Bowled my best game ever (146!!!)
2. Won the first cornhole game of the season
3. Hiked Angels Landing
4. Finished five seasons of The Mindy Project in three weeks (Mindy Kaling is a genius. And Danny is FOR SURE my new celebrity crush- sorry Chris Pratt).
5. Only whiffed the ball a few times at the driving range


Pictures With My Face In It:












Pictures Without My Face In It:







(This is the journal entry my Grandpa C wrote the day I was born. He's written in his journal every day for over fifty years. Every time I see him he acts like I am the greatest thing that has ever happened to the world. I love him so much.)







People I've Spent Time With:
1. Tanner
2. Mom
3. Dad
4. Mason
5. Rylie
6. Camrie
7. Sadie
8. All my grandparents
9. Jocelyn
10. Nicolle
11. Jenni and Mike
12. Katie and Taylor
13. Professor Rivera Mueller
14. Taryn
15. Jackie
16. Chloe
17. Tanner's Mom Laura
..........
THERE ARE TOO MANY. I love everyone.


Life is good.
Thanks for tuning in for Favorite Fives.
I'll see you next week. (Maybe. If I remember to blog.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?