2017 Recap!

It's 2018! I seriously can't believe it. 



So I wanted to do a post about 2017 so I can remember because I have a very terrible memory. 

Some good things that happened: 
  • I finished my 6th and 7th semesters at Utah State (how did time go so fast?). I love love love my major, love my professors (most of them), and most of all, I LOVE my teacher friends. 
  • I started working at the Lawn Doctor which has been the biggest blessing. My boss and coworkers are amazing and I get to hang out in the office and listen to Pandora and talk to (usually nice) people on the phone. It's the best! (I know it probably sounds boring haha but it's really not!)
  • Tanner worked all year at Enterprise. He's the 6th best employee in all of Utah and Idaho and the #1 employee in his area. So yeah, he's pretty good at his job and I'm really proud of him! And he has a lot of great stories about people being extremely stupid which is always fun. 
  • We traveled from LA to New York in one week! (Walking down the Hollywood star walk! The beach! Biking in Central Park! Delicious Cookies! Art museums!) 
  • We celebrated our 2nd anniversary in the Tetons! (Being married is better than ice cream. And I really like ice cream.) 
  • We went to Disneyland! And went on the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride multiple times. But not as many times as we went on California Screamin'! 
  • I grew out my bangs! (Thank goodness haha) 
  • I read 24 books! (My favorites: The Girl on the Train (I think I finished this one on like January 2nd. It's that good), The Kite Runner (cue all the tears), The Glass Castle, Turtles All the Way Down, Wonder (Cue even more tears. But these ones are happy.), and I also reread The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian which will probably be one of my top favorite books for the rest of forever.) 
  • We watched so many amazing movies. (My favorites: The Greatest Showman, Wonder Woman, and Wonder.) 
  • Harry Styles came out with an album. And so did Taylor Swift. And Ed Sheeran. 
  • We won two Cornhole tournaments with our friends. (Talent comes in all forms I guess haha) 
  • We spent a lot of time with family. (Yellowstone and Arizona and Moab and West Jordan and Lehi.) 
  • We spent a lot of time outside! (Logan Canyon! Bryce Canyon! Zion!)
  • We are very very very in love and happy! 


Some bad things that happened: 
  • I spent too much money at Old Navy haha
  • I definitely didn't work out every day (I usually got in 3x a week though! I'm getting there!)
  • We went out to eat a lot. (When are they going to invent that thing from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs so we can just make food instantly whenever we want?) 
  • Mason left on his mission (This actually should go in the good column because it's so amazing! But I also miss him. So it'll just be in the middle.) 
  • The news was really sad almost every day. 
  • I had (and still have) a lot of Church questions. (But that's ok! Questions=Growth.) 
  • I worried a lot. (I'm thinking this is just an every year thing. But hopefully every year it will be less than the last!) 
  • We aren't millionaires. Bummer, I know. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures: 




































I'm really excited but also nervous for this next year. I'm graduating this year which is so bittersweet. It's always scary stepping into new chapters but it's also so rewarding. I can't wait to read more books, travel more places, take more pictures, hug Tanner a million times, and become a better and kinder person. 

My goals for this year are to: 
-Read 30 books 
-Write once a week (whether on my blog or in my journal) and share more of my writing. 
-Do something kind for someone else every day. (Even if it's just a compliment or even a smile.) 


Happy New Year! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?