Cruise Life

What better way to kick off summer than going on a cruise?? We went with Tanner's old roommate Ben and his wife Sarah. They are THE BEST. The trip would not have been the same without them.

Here's a video if you want to see all of our cool adventures. Tanner made it and he rocks!




Below is a more detailed itinerary of our trip, if you're interested!

Sunday/Monday-Travel Days:
We left Sunday night around 5 to head to the airport. Meanwhile, all of our belongings were just chilling in a trailer at my grandparents house haha. Thankfully no one stole them. We had a long night of traveling but thanks to Riverdale + Podcasts + trying (key word here) to sleep, we finally made it to Orlando in the morning. We headed straight to Ben and Sarah's hotel (they had already been at Disneyworld for 2 days those lucky ducks) and took a nap so we could somewhat function that day. Then, we drove to Tampa, got some Jimmy Johns, and got onto the boat! That night we just hung around and enjoyed our first night of eating as much as we could. (It blew Sarah's mind that you could order as much as you want at dinner. But I think she was more than ok with it once the dessert menu came out ;)

Tanner is wearing his "cruise shirt".
Remind you of anyone??


via GIPHY
(Also I just learned how to put GIFS into blog posts! This is life changing! Except I can't figure out how to get it in the center so sorry about that.)  



The cruise bunkbed life. 

Tuesday- Day at Sea:
We had all day to just chill on the boat. This mostly consisted of multiple rounds of mini golf, a heated game of Monopoly, popping some Dramamine, cornhole (because you can't hang out with Ben Workman and not challenge him to a game of cornhole), and, of course, midnight pizza.



Wednesday- The Grand Cayman:
This was my favorite day of the trip by far! Which was surprising because I didn't think I was going to to like it because I do not like being in the water at all! We went on an excursion to Stingray City, which is this sandbar where all the stingrays hang out and they were swimming all around us and we even got to touch one. It was super cool! Those little guys are SLIMY! There were also little fish (and a few GIANT fish) swimming around which freaked me out because I did NOT want them to touch my legs hahaha. Then, our little ferry boat took us to this coral section of the water where we got to snorkel! Snorkeling was not really my thing (turns out it really hurts when you get saltwater in your eye!) but Tanner was having the time of his life, so it was really fun to see him having fun. And we got to see some cool striped fish. After this, we had to get back on the boat and we ate some tacos and took some naps and hung out some more.






Thursday: Cozumel-
Oh, Cozumel. What a day. So many things went wrong in Cozumel and I'll admit that I didn't have the best attitude and I was VERY stressed. So it wasn't my favorite day. But that's ok and we have some good stories to tell!

We decided that we wanted to go see some ancient Mayan ruins, so we headed to Tulum. We had to take a verrrryyyy rocky boat to get to the island and then a rental car and then we drove 2 hours. It was a trek. We got there and walked around the beach (it was beautiful!), definitely went past a no trespassing sign (whoops), saw some HUGE iguanas, and finally made it to the ruins. It was seriously so hot I cannot even explain it to you. I was DRIPPING in sweat. The ruins were really cool, but it was hard to want to stay outside when the car had AC hahaha After checking out the ruins, we decided we should probably be safe and start heading back so we didn't miss our boat. This is where things took a turn. We ended up using up our cash to buy gas, because we went to the one gas station where they didn't take card. We needed cash to take a taxi to get back to the boat, so we just thought we'd use an ATM. Well... turns out Tanner's card wasn't working at ANY of the ATMs, and no one else had a debit card with them. (We're dumb.) Also, at this point I am STARVING. And we couldn't find tacos! Like, come on! We are in Mexico! Anyway... we eventually find food and then just take the ferry back and hope for the best. After getting back to Cozumel, we ask the taxi drivers if any of them take card. They don't, which is what we were expecting, but one guy just told us to hop in and so we did. He just starts driving around and took us to an ATM. And we're like... ummmm this isn't going to work. But we got out and tried anyway just to show him that we were trying. And this guy doesn't speak any English, and I know like 2 words in Spanish, so the communication was not great. So, of course, the ATM doesn't work and we don't have any money to give him. So he drives us to a bank which doesn't work either. Then, Tanner's like, just take us to the ship and I'll try to get some there. But by this point, we're about to miss our boat. I am losing my mind because I think we're going to miss the ship. Tanner runs off to try to get money, and eventually we don't know what to do and we just ditch the taxi driver! We just started running toward the boat. I seriously felt SO BAD but also I didn't want to be stranded in Mexico! So we just ripped off poor Juan the Taxi Driver and I still feel bad about it. But the second we walked on that ship I was so relieved because I seriously thought we might not make it on. Long story short, it was a hot, sweaty, stressful day in Mexio and we never felt happier than we did eating dinner that night safely on the cruise ship.

(haha lol at my finger in the pic I have mad photography skills obviously) 



(This is the only group picture we got all trip and it is not the most flattering of me haha oh well) 

Hello Mayan temple + iguana 


Friday- Day at Sea #2:
Another day of mini golf and hanging out. I would have been ok without this day at sea, I was ready to get off the boat. But we had a good time and went to some fun comedy shows!

Saturday- Orlando:
We got off the boat in the morning and headed back to Orlando. We first went to Disney Springs- this cute shopping center near Disneyworld. (It was almost physically painful to be that close to Disneyworld and not go in!) Then, we went and chilled at our Airbnb for a while, ate some mediocre pasta (where I got laughed at by the waitresses when I asked if the bread was free. Come on! It's free at Olive Garden!), tried to see a movie but it was sold out, drove to a mini golf place and saw some live gators (Mama there's another gator in the house! Another gator?!) and ended up watching Masterminds back at our Airbnb. I seriously love that movie.




Sunday- Travel Home:
Sunday was a long day of traveling. We got up at 4 AM (which is 2AM Utah time! Tanner kept making fun of me for always converting things to Utah time), had a layover in St. Louis, had another layover in Denver, had our flight delayed, but finally made it to Salt Lake around 3. I was so sad because our flight got delayed and I thought I wouldn't make it in time to Skype with Mason but we MADE IT! We got to talk to him for a few minutes and I loved seeing his cute face. Even though it always makes me cry!




It was a great week spending time with friends and of course with Tanner who is the best. And also stuffing our faces with food. The end!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?