MEXICO



We were in Arizona last weekend for Hayden's farewell talk (more on that later). On Friday, a bunch of Tanner's friends were headed to Mexico so we decided to tag along for a few days. We (there were like 15 of us) got there Friday afternoon and checked into our beach house. It's a big 4 bedroom house that's 10 steps from the ocean. And there was a roof you could climb up on (which was AWESOME at night for looking at the stars).

(Tanner looking so fly on the roof)


We headed down to the beach and I kind freaked out because I'm not that big of a fan of being swept under waves in the ocean but then I looked for seashells and drew pictures in the sand which was a lot better. That night we went to get tacos (haha so stereotypical but that's seriously all there is to eat anywhere you go! Tacos, burritos or quesadillas. But they aren't made with ground beef it's like steak or chicken.) After tacos we walked around the city and ate some churros and someone in our group got that nasty corn stuff from Nacho Libre "Get that corn out of my face!" We also stopped at an ice cream shop and got what we think is chocolate chip ice cream (you never really know because it's sometimes hard to communicate and my espanol is very limited.) It was weird but actually really good! Then we started walking back to the car and I kept using any Spanish words I knew (I think I'm so funny) and we had to climb over a train that stopped right where we needed to cross (we're such rebels. Running the streets of Mexico.) We played games the rest of the night (well, Tanner did. he played this Risk type game and I definitely just went to sleep). Also the water didn't work hahaha and I hate the sandy feeling after the beach! We improvised and took a water bottle shower. So rustic.



(Horses on the beach- of course)







The next day we went to breakfast and listened to a mariachi band (para bailar la bamba! i don't know why but I just loved listening to them it made my day.) and went shopping at the shops around. Ah man they make me so uncomfortable! Everyone in Mexico is ALWAYS trying to sell you something. Whether it's at dinner trying to sell you the bracelets they made or they'll even just wash your car when you leave and expect you to pay them. I am just so awkward and feel bad telling people that I don't want their stuff! They're all like "Come on Amigo, I'll give you a good price!" Good thing Tanner is WAY good at bartering and he got me a cute backpack for $12. We then went to Sandy Beach and hung out and used the tube that Tanner bought (great purchase, sweetie). There are little fishies you can see in the ocean but we didn't see any other animals which was a bummer. The rest of the day we just hung out and headed home that night. And made it across the border much to the relief of my mom- no Mexican prison for us ;)








(Shaheed explaining that when we visit it's like we never left. "Never left me!!")
Also! The pineapple he bought on the beach was the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. 


(group pic.... just without the group knowing)


It was such a fun vacation. It was so fun experiencing something that I normally wouldn't get the chance to. I've never left the country before and it was interesting to me to be immersed in a different culture even if just for a few days and even though it wasn't far away from home. I still was so glad that some people spoke spanish in our group! I can't imagine going somewhere where I didn't know the language at all! And it's interesting figuring our the ratio of pesos to dollars and eating authentic Mexican food and meeting new people. Plus I love spending time with Tanner and Shaheed is one of my favorite people so it was a good time.





Adios, Mexico. Gracias por la playa y los burritos. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?