Logan ---> South Jordan




We are officially South Jordan residents! This move was a really tough one for me to swallow. It wasn't necessarily the place that I was sad about leaving. (Although I do love Logan... and I'm seriously missing $2 Thursday mini golf!) My sadness was mostly stemming from all of the change that this move signifies.

(We went to Cafe Sabor on our last night in Logan. Because how can you not?)

(Tanner's attire while cleaning our apartment to move out of. I think he was a little ready for our cruise?) 






 I am no longer a college student. I love college. I love the routine of going to class every day, constantly learning new things, being in contact with amazing, smart people every day, going to basketball games, not really having any real responsibility. And now that's pretty much over. I still have student teaching in the fall, so I'm still technically an Aggie, but it still feels like a big step into the real world of waking up early and having a full time job.

Graduating college also means a lot of big decisions are looming. For the past few years I've known exactly what I'm doing. Every August I start classes and every May I get a 4 month break. But now, there are much bigger questions to answer than just what literature elective I'm going to take. Questions like: Am I going to be able to find a teaching job? Where am I going to want to teach? Am I even going to like teaching? (I sure hope so.) How do you actually be a teacher? (You'd think I'd know that by now hahaha maybe college wasn't so helpful after all.) When are we going to have kids? When are we going to buy a house? Where are we going to buy a house? Are we staying in Utah forever?

You know... Anxiety inducing questions for an anxious person like me :)

All that being said, however, the move has gone a lot more smooth than I could have imagined. As soon as we got to our new place I felt so much better about it all. I love our new apartment. It's cute and it's been fun decorating it (and we- well, mostly Tanner- built an Ikea dresser yesterday without any casualties, so that was a big accomplishment.) The only cons are that I am already sore from walking up the stairs to the 3rd floor every day (and I almost lost my mind when my grocery bag split open and all of my stuff was tumbling down the steps!) and there is so much traffic here! But other than that, it's not too bad :) It's just like Tanner always says, everything always works out. Even when I am so sad about something and nervous about change, everything always turns out ok. Somehow that doesn't make any of those above questions any easier to think about, but I'm sure that at the other end of them I'll be saying this same thing. That everything turned out better than I could have imagined.

So... If you have any recommendations for good food down here, let me know! And I've already gone to Target like 5 times so I think I'll survive.

And... nothing cures moving blues like a PUPPY! My family just got Baylie a few weeks ago and she is adorable. Even if she is a psycho.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage isn't Hard... Sometimes.

May Update

How's Married Life?